Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blessed, Yet Again ...

The Watertown Festival of Arts will be held here on Saturday. I am a participant this year, showing for sale, a 20 piece collection of my photography at the Birchtree Gallery. Tomorrow there will be a section of their storefront windows devoted to my Biography, surrounded by additional photographs. The Gallery, owned by Al and Cheryl Wentzell, will represent me.

It started with an invitation from my girlfriends, Abby and Mary, to take a stained glass class. Then I took a mosaic class. Cheryl began following my Blog, and soon after, the Wentzell's and I were talking about my photography. By then I knew that in addition to being stained glass masters, they were both fused glass artists, Al painted, and Cheryl made jewelry.

The Wentzell's took me under their big loving artist wings ... we began working on my show for the Festival, and experimenting with dyenamic infusion, a process whereby photographs are transferred by heat to glass or tile. We are collaborating on some very unique and beautiful ideas right now. Birchtree Gallery/Northern Lights Stained Glass Studio is on Kemp Avenue in the heart of Historic Uptown Watertown. I love having made yet another step in the direction of settling in here. And I am thankful for this opportunity the Wentzell's have given me to share my photographs.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck, Laurie. I wish I lived closer! Post more about this process - sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! A SHOW! You're so talented. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete