Friday, December 5, 2008

Screaming Sky Watch Friday ...

The house is very quiet this morning after having been with family for the past few days.

Yesterday was my Uncle Lee Goodman's funeral service. I am thinking of his two families this morning and remembering that the day after it's all said and done ... life around you goes on as it always did ... there are appointments, there are errands, there is laundry, blah blah blah.

But it was so quiet. When it was me and my immediate family in the situation, I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs "Can I just have some more time here please"? I was in that empty place in the photo ... between the two cloud formations ... a world with my sister and a world without her. I didn't get what I was screaming for.

Watch the sky at http://www.skyley.blogspot.com

9 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe that the rest of the world can go on in its mundane, every-day way, when your own world is completely shattered and will never feel the same way again. I am sorry for the hard memory, but I honor that in-between space with you. Richard Rohr has written a lot about it, and he calls it, "Limnal Space," like the limin (threshold) between two rooms. His book, "Everything Belongs" is beautiful on this subject. God bless you as you remember (and love) Wendy and your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's difficult to comment such a pic and text. Screaming could be the way !

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that in between spot in your lovely photo. thanks for sharing your post with us at swf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Laurie, I am so sorry for your loss. Your photo is very surreal or ethereal. It looks like a painting. There's a lot of your emotion in it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shot. If you need to scream - I say go for it! We all need to release pent up grief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is strange, isn't it? How something so deep and profound and irreversible can happen and yet... things go on.....

    Here's a virtual HUG to you my friend... across many, many states. One of these days, I'll maybe be able to give you that hug in person. :-) Until then, though, it will have to be virtual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I CAN SEE YOUR EMOTION IN THESE CLOUDS AFTER READING YOUR WORDS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto what NatureGirl said. Thanks for sharing the gift you have of doing this. Hope you're being blessed with a sky filled with sunbeams today.

    ReplyDelete