Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow Floating Lilly Pad And It Ain't Heavy ... It's My Life ...

I have to pat myself on the back every once in a while for being savvy enough to know that our West U Houston Fountain would make an even better statement, sitting here on The Prairie ... and in an almost bizarrely different life and place, than that which it was obtained for.

But the statement the fountain is making ... is made only for and to me. I don't live the type of life here, that requires making statements about anything and to anyone, anymore.

The Prairie bites me in the ass occasionally ... and reminds me that while life back then was pretty incredible, it's so much easier to do it like this ... remembering where I have been, but living where I am.

The sign on it's right ? "The kiss of the sun for pardon, the song of the birds for mirth, one is nearer God's heart in a garden, than anywhere else on earth". It was my Grandmother's ... see what I mean ?

4 comments:

  1. Lovely.
    And yes, there is much to be said for a simple life.... with less "stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post...and a gorgeous fountain, I mean snow holder. Love the verse....take care,suz

    ReplyDelete