Friday, July 11, 2008

First Let's Run With the Bulls, Then We'll Get Our Nails Done ...

That's where I was last night. Yep ... running with the bulls in Pamploma, Spain. The drugs are hardcore here, hence the fantasies. Here are a few more she shared, right along with the RN and anyone else who came in the room:

1. I don't treat my husband very well and I make him do all of the housework.
2. She has no idea who I am but Kathy Someone gets the loveseat that pulls out.
3. The hospital needs to wash their walls.
4. There are flocks of birds going by her window.
5. There are big black bugs on the wall but no roaches.
6. We took her Doctor's twin daughters to a movie yesterday.
7. We went to dinner at a shitty restaurant and she had to buy.

So around 11:00 last night, when I reached the totally frazzled point, I lied and told her that Dr. Larson in Watertown, whom she refers to as our handsome family doctor, called, and he told me to tell her to close her eyes and go to sleep, she said:

"I've been trying to rest for a couple of hours now". I was wondering when you were going to shut up". "And when we get back to my place, don't you worry about where you are going to sleep. You worry about those bulls".

She was out in five, so I gave her a manicure.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind and understanding words today. God bless you and your family as you keep your mom company during her recovery. I'm looking forward to more of your beautiful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but this is funny.
    Sounds like my dreams on a normal night, No meds needed.
    Hope she is getting better daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless her heart...tell her the bulls did it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, Laurie.
    The nails are beautiful, and you are a wonderful daughter to your Mommy. :-)

    ReplyDelete