Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Corn Souffle Sky Watch Friday ...

Beat 3 eggs with a whisk, add 2 cans cream style corn, 1 can whole kernel corn, 2 cups herbed stuffing mix, 1 cup milk, 3/4 stick of melted butter, 1 cup grated cheddar, 1 jar of chopped pimeto, 2 tablespoons minced onion, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper. Mix together and let sit for 15 minutes. Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle another cup of cheddar on top. Bake in a 325 degree for one hour. Cool and cover with Saran to keep it moist.

More gorgeous skies at http://www.skyley.blogspot.com

7 comments:

  1. A skywatch receipe? That must be a first. Sadly I don't think we can get cream style corn in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! This great photo looks like corn souffle and you even include a real corn souffle recipe!
    Thanks. I will copy and paste to save. Sounds yummy!

    Happy Sky Watch Friday!
    ~Lisa
    New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture. Could you just come over and make the souffle for me? that would be easier...I am tired of cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to find your blog, as I was raised on a farm near Wilmot, SD and was feeling a little homesick today. I like your posts and pics and will definitely come back for more visits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your recipe got me drooling and your photo got me dreaming. Great combo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so funny that you posted this because it is the ONE thing I cook on Thanksgiving! :-)

    My recipe for Corn Souffle is even easier than yours though!

    8 oz can regular corn
    8 oz can cream style corn
    1 stick melted butter
    2 eggs
    1 pkg Jiffy corn muffin mix
    8 oz sour cream

    Mix all together in a casserole dish and bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until the top starts to brown.

    Hey, if I can make this, it HAS to be VERY simple.

    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete